- Q1: How does the Buffalo Clad differ from traditional 5-ply cookware?
one of the four largest stainless steel plants in the world, Buffalo is
an OEM for many companies in Europe, America, Japan and Asia,
manufacturing multilayer composite stainless steel products per client
requests. We have discovered through endless experiments that
excessively layered composite metal in cookware is both inconvenient and
energy inefficient. Not only does heat conduction slows down
requiring more energy, but most importantly the metal weights
significantly heavier risking damage to wrists of housewives.
Hence Buffalo proudly pioneers its unique Buffalo steel technology to
address the above problems. For more details, please refer to the
- Q2: How does Buffalo cookware, which is made in Malaysia, maintain such high quality?
- Buffalo is a 50-year-old Taiwanese brand actively traded in the Bursa Malaysia
Stock Exchange. Backed by one of the four largest stainless steel
factories in the world, Buffalo specializes in manufacturing
high-quality cookware exporting to Europe, America and Japan.
Resulting from more than 50 years of relentless innovation in the
stainless steel industry, we have been awarded the Excellent Quality
Brand Award. You can rely on our expertise and confidence in making
quality cookware. In fact, many of our customers have used Buffalo
cookware for decades without any problems.
- Q3: Can I remove the Air-Ventilator for cleaning? What material is it made of?
- The Air-Ventilator
is conveniently designed to be removable for cleaning. It is made
of silicon, which is the same material used in baby pacifiers, known to
withstand high heat and non-reactive to food. Rest assured to
know that Buffalo takes your health and safety very seriously.
- Q4: What should I do about the rainbow-like discoloration or white residue?
exclusively polished, wear-resistant surface is made to withstand
everyday wear and tear. The rainbow-like discoloration and white
residue resulting from occasionally boiling of water, oil-free or low
oil cooking, or build-up of mineral particles in food are normal and do
not impede cooking performance. They disappear upon coming in
contact with cooking oil, or can be cleaned by the Buffalo cleaning powder to stay sparkling new.
- Q5: What if Buffalo cookware starts sticking, caused by improper use?
- Buffalo cookware uses high quality Buffalo Clad
which spread heat rapidly and evenly. These unique features make food
not easy to stick on a heated pot. So if you encounter sticking
problems, maybe it is because the oil is not heated up enough, or the
food is flipped before it’s completely cooked. The cookware can be
cleaned while it is still hot, making cleaning so easy. Unlike coated cookware, the layer can be easily scratched and harmful to our health.
- Q6: Does reacting to magnets mean Buffalo Clad is not made of 100% pure stainless steel?
is a common misperception of stainless steel alloy. Extreme heat
in the manufacturing process can magnetize the core of stainless steel,
producing what is known as Magnetic Stainless Steel
regardless of alloy composition; on the other hand, addition of
chromium also exhibits magnetic property, which enables induction
stoves. In conclusion, verifying the purity of stainless steel
with magnets is unreliable.
- Q7: How do I clean my new Buffalo Clad before using? Do I need to preseason and cure the cookware prior to use?
- Neither is necessary. Manufacturers who require consumers to clean their cookware
before using for the first time do not thoroughly remove residual
industrial chemicals and polishing agents, which often amount to 3 to 4
different types and cannot go away even in boiling water. These
manufacturers effectively burden consumers with sterilizing cookware on
- Q1: My friends don’t have a problem with rice sticking to their Buffalo Smart Cookers, why do I?
- Our Buffalo Smart Cooker has a physical non-stick surface, without harmful chemical coatings, to ensure safe cooking. Due to even heat distribution, Buffalo Smart Cooker cooks
healthy and delicious rice without sticking. Just allow cooked
rice to cool down in the cooker for 10 minutes before enjoying delicious
and non-sticking rice.
- Q2: Why does it squirt liquid when cooking soup or congee?
- The Buffalo Smart Cooker
in normal use does not squirt liquid or require constant attention
cooking soup or congee. Please inspect the water level against the
indicator line on the inner pot and select the correct cooking
function. Please contact us immediately if squirting still occurs
with proper operation.
- Q3: Why are there rainbow-like discoloration and white residue on the inside of the pot which won’t come off?
- Buffalo Smart Cooker’s inner pot
is rust proof, corrosion-resistant and nonporous, thus do not absorb
tiny mineral and starch particles during cooking and cleaning, unlike
conventional cookware that eventually corrodes and affects your
health. Although appearing rainbow in color, particles built up on
the surface do not interfere with cooking or harm your health.
You may also use Buffalo cleaning powder to keep the pot shiny as new.
- Q4: Why does the bottom of my outer pot appear dirty?
- Moisture on the bottom heating plate tends to leave a stain after heating,
please thoroughly dry the exterior surface of the inner pot before each
and every use as well as wiping off any liquid from the lid and rim
before removing the inner pot
- Q5: How do I adjust the clock on my Buffalo Smart Cooker?
and hold the “Hour” or “Minute” button until the screen flashes, adjust
the time accordingly, and wait for the screen to stop flashing.
- Q6: How to change the battery in the outer pot?
- The battery in the outer pot lasts 2-3 years under normal usage. Please contact us when your cooker runs out of battery.
- Q7: Can I use the inner pot of Buffalo Smart Cooker with an outer pot of other brands?
the Buffalo Smart Cooker’s inner pot distributes heat evenly and
quickly, we have designed an excellent complementary outer pot for
maximum performance. We advice against mixing and matching with an
outer pot from other brands, please note doing so may damage your
- Q1: Why is that oil sometimes splashes while cooking?
- This is because the food being cooked contains water. Just make sure all the ingredients are dried.
- Q2: How to prevent food from sticking when frying fish, eggs, meat or rice?
promptly turn off the stove if food starts to stick, wait for the wok
to cool down, at which point you should be able to flip the food over
with ease, and then resume cooking.
- Q3: Is it difficult to clean? Will the wok discolor with use?
is from the color of oil after heating. A lot of people cook with
olive oil, which has a low smoking point thus burns and stains the
cookware easily; furthermore, when over-heated, all cooking oil becomes
sticky and stains. Actually, this discoloration can be removed by
dish detergent if washed while still warm. If discoloration
occurs, check your cooking temperature. The superb heat conduction
of Buffalo cookware allows cooking with very little oil and heat,
significantly reduces smoke and saves energy, and last but not least
only requires a small amount of heat for cooking.
- Q4: Please compare stainless steel cookware with other types of cookware.
- Iron, cast iron, and carbon steel cookware are slowly eliminated from the market, because iron rusts easily if not
maintained properly, resulting in rusts unsafe for human
consumption. The cheaper, inferior products are brittle and crack
easily, while the more expensive ones are heavy and cause damage to
wrists. Although retaining heat well, these materials rust easily,
are aesthetically unpleasing when rusted, easily trap dirt and grease
in their porous surface, conduct heat unevenly, and react with acidic
- Q1: What is the Original Flavor Buffalo Pot?
pots in the market don’t retain heat well, letting flavors evaporate
with steam. In addition, food burns easily without adequate liquid, let
alone the possibility of cooking without fluids. Our patented
water seal groove design creates a thin film of water between the pot
and the lid, and seals the pot with the vacuum effect. As a
result, the nutrients in the food will not escape along with the water
vapor, and all the rich flavors will stay inside the pot. The pot
conducts and retains heat so well that it creates a 360-degree
convection cooking process, locking in original flavors and nutrients
while preserving the vitamins in the food. Enjoy your deliciously
home-cooked meals while saving on energy bills.
- Q2: Why waterless cooking can be achieved with Buffalo cookware?
cookware is made from Buffalo Clad which spread heat evenly as water
will not evaporate so fast.
Buffalo cookware has 5 unique features:
1. Not much care needed, ‘non-stick’ forever.
2. Easy to wash.
3. Energy saving.
4. Less oil and smoke, makes food more healthy
5. Original taste and nutrition preserved.
- Q3: What to do if I cannot remove the lid after cooking?
you cannot remove the lid, please reheat the pot and slowly rotate the
lid. As to what causes this phenomenon, it is simply expansion and
contraction of air. Since our patented water seal groove design
seals the pot during cooking, when air cools down and contracts the seal
is further tightened. Thus reheating the pot to expand the air
will help break the seal.